Why did we ever let comments become a thing? Like seriously.
As much as I love social media, I cannot help but ignore the fact that it is a double-edged sword. Just like that all the coward-illiterate-ignorant people have found a way to voice their opinions and in turn fill the world with their venom and negativity. And while we are on the topic, let me just say I have not missed the comments on the blog, for a single minute since I closed them back in March 2012.
Yesterday I came across this ad by Tanishq on Mehak's blog and then out of curiosity I started reading the comments below the video. O! Boy, was I mindfcked! It is unbelievable how some people can interpret an advertisement as religious, sexist and national agenda. It rose a lot of questions in my head: Are we THAT incapable of appreciating things at face value? Why can't Indian (South Asian) men make a point without name-calling? Why is anything remotely progressive such a threat to some people's existence? Why is divorce such an issue? Lastly, how is it that all of the trolls commenting missed the sweet and touching message and instead caught the "supposed" underlining issues which weren't even there and I am quite certain that the copywriters didn't think of them for a moment while creating it.
Nonetheless, I am glad that 90% of the comments were sensible and positive but it is the other 10% that were downright offensive and repugnant that bothered me. And then there were some, completely ignoring the heated-unsavory-debate and just self-promoting their own YouTube channel. Those were my favorite *sarcasm.intended*.
Anyhoo, I had quite a trouble taking these pictures as it was supremely windy that evening ... but I was stubborn that I HAD to get the outfit shots ...
... so here we are! (:
Tank Top - ASOS [10'] Similar
Skirt - via TxSC Swap [13'] Similar
Shoes - BCBG [08'] Similar
Earrings - Available now: buy here
Scarf - Available now: buy here