I am never quite happy with my hair, ever. I wish they were thicker, healthier, shinier and basically gold-coated-goodness. But of course that's asking too much from just hair, you know? Nonetheless, I have been taking good care of them for the last decade. Every now and then I have suffered from dry and itchy scalp or excess hair fall, but taken immediate steps to alter that. Below are my tips for healthy scalp which in turn leads to good hair quality.
1) Take Supplements: Adding a supplement can help you achieve maximum lengths. I take the one made for hair, skin, and nails that has biotin, silica, vitamins B, C, and E, iron, and omega-3.
2) Nourish your body and hair at the same time: Your hair is affected by what you eat. If you suffer from a dry scalp, try incorporating more omega-3 and fish oils into your diet. Help keep hair shiny by eating walnuts and avocado for omega-3 fatty acids; spinach and carrots for vitamin A; and cashews for zinc. All help maintain scalp and hair health, as do low-fat dairy, whole grains, and vegetables.
3) Hydrate your scalp: Just like your face requires moisturizer, your scalp benefits from hydration. CLEAR SCALP & HAIR™ Intense Hydration Nourishing Shampoo and Nourishing Daily Conditioner deliver the following benefits:
- Hair is resilient to dryness for 24 hours of soft, hydrated hair
- Infused with cactus extract, a known hydrator
- Clinically proven to help replenish the scalp with essential hydration with regular use
- Leaves hair beautifully strong from root to tip
5) When it comes to your hair, doing less leads to healthier tresses: Blow drying, curling, coloring, bleaching, even over-brushing, can damage your hair. CLEAR SCALP & HAIR™ moisturizies dry scalp daily conditioner keeps the scalp’s moisture balance in check via Nutrium 10 moisture complex with vitamins, aloe vera, and sunflower, almond, soybean and coconut oils
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.