1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
These GAP trousers found in the SALE aisle last September have been one of the best purchases ever. If I could I would wear them everyday. But then that wouldn't be fair to my rest of the wardrobe isn't it? (;
The shopping ban is FINALLY over. Phew! It seems like it went on forever. Doesn't it? I didn't miss shopping at all, but just the mention of the shopping ban made me (and people around me) wonder, "Is it STILL going on?!" No regrets though. It was an amazing experience and I am glad I did it. Will I do it again? We shall see!
Here's what I learnt about myself in the last four months:
- I am NOT a compulsive shopper
- I prefer quality over quantity (or trends)
- I have a lot of investment pieces in my wardrobe which can be styled in a million ways
- I am a content person
- I truly believe: Less is MORE!
Here's how shopping ban has changed my perspective and life:
- Other people (bloggers included) do not influence my purchases
- My conversations are not about fashion or clothing any more
- I do not waste time surfing the shopping sites any more, in turn my daily productivity has increased (a lot)
However, having said that I do have an on-going list of INVESTMENT pieces I plan on adding to my wardrobe in the coming months. Most of them are out of need and not want. As it should be!
How did it go for y'all? Is someone still ON the ban? Did you quit half way and didn't tell me? Did you learn something about yourself too? Clearly, I have a lot of questions. Someone please answer (in the comments below), or else I will just be a crazy person talking to myself ... which most times I am! So no sweat! (;