We all go through phases where we find it hard to stay positive and cope with the stressful life. I, for one have the ability to go
on the dark sideinsane when things are spinning crazy and I am unable to control the circumstances. I have found a few things that help me calm down and look past those days. I thought I will share them here in case someone else has the same issues
- Do what makes you happy - I love getting head massages. They calm me down and make me forget about all the stress around me. I always schedule them for the weekend following the week in which I was feeling a little extra "anxious" than usual. I make sure I keep my appointment no-matter-what.
- Focus on small pleasures of life - I love wasting time. I really do. Wasting time for me is lying in bed, staring at the ceiling and having no agenda to interrupt my thought. So in order to 'waste time' I usually go to bed early and wake up at least 30-40 minutes earlier than I need to. so that I can 'waste time'.
- Get some workout in your day - After 'wasting time' I head to the gym. Two activities which are poles apart but both necessary for my sanity. Once the endorphins are running high I feel prepared to take on the world. World feels like a less scary place (philosophical much?).
- Look at the bigger picture - It is hard but I force myself to do so. I try and remember something which I found difficult to cope with 5-10 years ago and how with time it feels so minuscule to even spend a second worrying about it. By similar logic I tell myself that this too shall pass and I would look back and think, "It was nothing!"
- Let your dreams be your anchor - I would like to believe that every obstacle is a part of my journey. I keep my focus on my dream and let that take more brain-space than the stress or the fear. I also continuously dream of my next holiday destination to stay positive and motivated.
It take a lot to stay optimistic. It takes every fiber of your being. After all the whining and crying and bitching about life, there is no other way out than to stay positive. No matter what disheartening life-event you might be going through, it is imperative that you come out of it positive and exhilarated with life. Else what's the point of it all. Right?
Moving on to the outfit, I am so excited to collaborate with Tori, a fellow San Antonio blogger.
We both have styled shorts and white blazer today. Check our her fun and effortless style here.
Tank - GAP // Similar
Shorts - Nanette Lepore // Another one I am loving
Sandals - Tommy Hilfiger // Similar
Jewelry - Crazy & Co.
Photography: Courtesy Tori