This is the second part of the Guest-Host series. Now that we know how a good host should behave, we should get down to the guests. 99% of the times, chances are the host is in fact just fine, it is the guests who lack etiquettes or two.
Shoutout to Jrink Juicery for letting me use their awesome location to shoot.
Let me know how if you have any tips you would like to add to this rather long list. ;) Let me know your thoughts in the comments below or feel free to fill this survey / Facebook / Tweet / Email me.
- Inform people of your date and plans of visit and then wait for them to invite you.
- Make sure you are arriving and leaving at human-friendly hours.
- Inform your host of any special needs (food, physical, food related)
- Make sure you take a gift for your hosts.
- Offer to cook or take your hosts out for a meal.
- Be mindful of your hosts' schedule. You are on a vacation and not them.
- Don't help yourself to their liquor cabinet without asking first.
- If you spill something, or break offer to pay for the damages.
- Help your hosts with house chores, specially cleaning your own dishes, making your bed etc.
- Don't criticize your hosts.
- Don't forget to thank your hosts. Follow up with a Thank You note or text.
What are some of your tips to be a good house guest?
I would love to hear them.