Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA)12:00 AM
I am so excited to finally get this post up. Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) was one of the coolest museums I have visited in recent times. At the SMoCA you would find local and international artists from around the world. It is in the heart of the Old Town District in downtown Scottsdale. It showcases permanent and traveling exhibitions and an outdoor sculpture garden that displays artworks from a variety of artists, including Arizona-based artist James Turrell.
In addition to outstanding exhibitions of modern and contemporary art, the SMoCA Building is an artwork in itself. Here are some of the reasons why it was one of my favorite sites to visit in Arizona:
- It is small museum with interesting exhibitions. It kept me, someone with short attention span, interested and fascinated.
- It was quite inexpensive - $10 for adults and $7 for students. Plus is is free entry every Thursday and after 5pm every Friday & Saturday.
- It was full of colors. And you know I like colors.
- Quite a few good spots for a fashion blogger to take pictures.
- It had one of the coolest gift shops I have ever visited.
P.S. A big shoutout to Richard, who is a young photographer based in Arizona, who came to meet me and was kind enough to take these pictures for me. Do check his work out here.