2016 has been a year for highest highs and lowest troughs. It has been a fun, interesting, and a year where I learned a lot about myself and a little more about the world. Below are some of the lessons that I could remember last night before going to bed. I think, I might continue to add to this list over the weekend. If I do, I will mention that on Facebook & Twitter :)
Here goes ...
2. Don't stress about what is not in your control. But actively try and make this world a better place, for yourself and for people around you.
3. Value your time. Don't confuse being busy as being productive. Set small daily goals. Once you have achieved them; relax.
4. Pick your battles. Just because you choose to be quiet doesn't mean you are wrong. It means you are smart enough to save your energy for what matters more.
5. Don't let anyone else decide your self-worth - not social media, not your followers/fans, not your partner, not even your parents. You decide your own self-worth.
6. Standing up for what you believe in doesn't always mean going out on a protest march. Simply continuing to live the way you want to is action enough.
7. People will continue to surprise you. Sometimes in a good way and sometimes not. Try and keep an open mind. Even with buffoons.
8. Just because someone is intelligent doesn't mean they will produce quality work and vice versa.
9. No one has it 'all' figured out, no matter how sorted they look. Everyone is just doing the best they can and know how.
10. Let go of the FOMO. No one is having more fun than you are. If you are happy where you are, then that's what matter's the most.