How To Snack Healthy While Traveling12:00 AM
On my recent trip to Iceland (travel details coming soon!) I carried a few of my favorite snack items. My research showed that the food options might be limited and while on a road-trip the stops might be far apart. Hence, a good opportunity for my to share what all I carried:
1. Protein Bars - They keep you full for longer. They give my some source of protein daily (as I am a vegetarian). And I like the Brownie Crunch from thinkTHIN Bars, as they almost taste like a a bar of Mars chocolate to me.
2. Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bites - Right before my trip, I was introduced to the - The GFB - food products, and the taste of one bite and I knew I had to bring them along. They were my dessert option post meal on the road trip.
3. Salted Almond - I love me some almonds. When the salt-craving strikes I need something immediately and if nothing healthy is handy, I am going to head right to the potato chips. Although that's not an issue while traveling, as they are never handy, but having almonds in stock has always worked for me. A fistful, nips the craving in the butt and keeps me full too.
4. Snack Squares - Another recent find have been these delicious Almond & Peanut and Dark Chocolate bite-size squares from goodnessknows. I wasn't sure I would like them as I am always vary of new food products, but I was pleasantly surprised at how flavorsome and crunchy they were. They have definitely found a permanent spot on my must-have snack list, travel or not!
5. Fruits - Now writing about fruits after all the above mentioned goodness sounds pretty drab, but I do pack a box of sliced apples, and a bunch of grapes for airplane/roadtrip. They are perishable so they won't last long but I am always glad to munch on them en-route to my destination.