#TravelTuesday - Travel Tips12:00 AM
2. Shoes! They are every woman’s guilty pleasure. Rather than packing more shoes than necessary for the trip, it is better to travel in ones that you can use more than once (e.g. this, or this). If that means you are wearing a pair of heels, just remember to take them off in flight, stretch your toes, put on your circulation socks and relax.
3. As any frequent flyer knows - layering is essential. While, every person is different, but layers are definitely one of the most beneficial stylist tips for all. You can always add on a layer when you are cold or take one off if you get too warm. I always have a shawl or a light cashmere cardigan in my bag while traveling.
4. A great trench is a must during your travels. It goes over a dress or pairs well with jeans. It is extremely versatile. Look at any celebrities' travel look.
5. Wear minimal jewelry when traveling and pack statement pieces. I always have a small travel case with me where I keep my accessories.
6. Invest in headphones. My favorites are Beats by Dr Dre or Bose. They allow you to get in your own headspace and really enjoy your favorite tunes.
8. As shared in my airport hacks, I always carry snacks with me while traveling (or even in regular life). I get hungry every two hours and it is only wise that I have something healthy with me before I reach out for a pack of chips or candy. My snacks of choice - protein bars, lightly salted almonds, popcorn.
9. A quick touch up before landing. Lipstick/gloss, kohl and concealer are all you need. My personal favorites are - Lakme kajal, BareMineral's stroke of light and Elizabeth Arden's matte lipstick barely there. Make sure you have your favorite fragrance in travel size too. (mine is this!)
10. Use the time wisely. Get some rest. Use the flight as a mini-vacation. You’re away from your emails! You have the luxury of not being bothered for a few solid hours so de-stress with a coloring book for adults! Write a letter to an old friend, and just take some time to think and savor this uninterrupted sojourn.