#TravelTuesday - Travel Tips12:00 AM
2. I love traveling, but apparently my skin doesn't. Hence, I have had to take extra care before and while traveling. I always travel with a clean, and moisturized skin. If it is a long flight, I do not apply any make up. I use cleaning wipes and mist to moisturize every few hours. I also love Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and Shiseido Eye Mask for long flights.
3. Water, water, water. Hydrating yourself inside as well as outside helps with jet lag and dehydration. Also, keeps hair looking glossy and your skin looking fresh. I usually carry an empty bottle (this is so cute and light) in my hand bag and fill it up right after clearing security so that I don't have to keep asking for water in the plane.
4. Stretch! Every hour you should get up and stretch your legs and do at least 30 seconds or one minute of exercise to get your blood circulating. I always stretch my arms over my head and rotate my wrists in circular motion.
5. Pearly whites! For long flight I always carry a travel size toothpaste and a toothbrush. Keeping my mouth fresh and my teeth clean is a priority and certainly one that is appreciated when greeting people after a long flight. A kit like this is great as it contains both items!
6. I like to tie my hair up on a plane, either in a high ponytail or a bun like this. It gets less static and dirty that way. Trick: I use a dry shampoo (my favorite!) right before the plane lands and it freshens my hair instantly.
7. Sunglasses are a great way to accessorize an outfit while traveling, no wonder all celebrities do it. I lately have been wearing the heck out of my 3.1 Phillip Lim but nothing beats a solid pair of Ray Bans. An ultimate jet-setter accessory.
8. Speaking of accessories … one which everyone must carry at all times is - Scarves. Perfect to add a style statement, great for warmth on the plane, can be an extra layer when need and can also be worn as a sarong or an evening shawl (a classic!).
9. Beat the jetlag. As mentioned in my recent post I always try to eat and sleep in sync with my new time zone as soon as I board. I distract myself with on-board entertainment, magazine, and/or people watching.
10. Hats are hard to pack so choose one wisely. You can see how I pack mine here. A fedora works in many situations, it’s great for sun protection, it’s great for styling and it’s great if you didn’t have time to style your hair before traveling.
Habits of Effective Travelers
Things To Pack For A Beach Vacation
How To Plan Outfits For A Holiday