10 Equipment Free Exercises12:00 AM
For the last couple of months I have been working out without a gym. Yup! that's right. No gym. But thanks to Dr. Fab I have a home-gym now. And since there is limited space for machines and equipment I have been incorporating a lot of exercises that are effective and don’t require any equipment at all.
Below are 10 easy exercises that you can do without entering a gym and at home. No equipment required. You can click on the highlighted exercises to see the correct form of doing the exercise.
- Walking – Now that the spring is here, it is the perfect time to get outdoorsy and soak in the fresh air. You can go out or walk at home, whichever one is feasible in your daily routine. Going up and down the stairs is one of my go-to-exercise. I find errands to run within my house just to keep moving.
- Jumping Jacks – These are easy and fun. They are a great form of cardio, and a good way to warm up before strenuous exercising.
- Pushups – These are probably not the most favorite exercise of many people, but while they can be hard to do, you can find easier ways to do them. You can start with your knees down. Or, do them standing up against a wall. You will be building up arm strength and working out muscles in your chest area.
- Lunges – These are great for building up strength and muscles in your legs. Just make sure your legs are always at 90 degree angle when bend.
- Sit Ups – This is my favorite exercise for building and strengthening abdominal muscles. When you’re just getting started, just try and maintain a steady movement and bringing your body 90 degree above the ground. Eventually you can try touching your feet every time you come up. .
- High Knees – Another great form of cardio and warm up. The only equipment you will require is a good pair of shoes, to eliminate any stress to your legs.
- Squats – This is an effective exercise for your legs and buttocks. You can start by sitting and standing up again from a regular chair, while just barely brushing your buttocks to the edge of the chair. As you build strength increase the repetitions.
- Mountclimbers – Mountain climbers is a plyometric exercise which strengthen multiple muscle groups as well as the cardiovascular system. To this exercise, you must activate the core abdominal muscles in addition to those in both the lower and upper body.
- Dancing – Dancing is a wonderful form of exercise, which is great for your legs, abdomen, and heart. It is also a mood enhancing exercise.
- Burpee – Now most people hate this exercise because it is hard. But it is also super effective when done right. It is a total body exercise in just one movement. Get 20 in a day and you are going to see a difference in your strength and endurance. See my variation with weights here.
So no more excuses. Time to get moving. Summer is almost here and who doesn't head to the beach. Right? Now you don’t need to pay for the gym, or buy expensive equipment in order to give your body an effective workout. Use what you have: your own body!