60 Ways To Make Your Marriage Rock8:00 PM
I found this list on someone's Facebook Page and started reading it for entertainment. And then a light bulb went on in my head and I decided to be a little snarky and see how I instantly reacted to each of these awesome (?) tips!
1. Always love each other, even when it's hard to
Bull shit. I would say always respect each other even when its hard to love
Again, bull shit! Just go to bed. Sleep solves everything.
This I agree. Wholeheartedly!
Do that. But let it not be a bit 'too' secret place :P
O! Dr. Fab is gonna love this one. He supports this 100 %. I believe sleep whenever you are sleepy!
Its not that romantic. Rather quite uncomfortable. Just get your own iPod & headset.
Yeah! Can't argue with that much. Can I?
8. Revitalize the romance with intimate dates
Didn't we already cover that in #3?
Huh? Let's NOT tell the world anything. Keep your love between yourself.
Sure. If its about something special. Else its just nauseating.
What on earth is that?!?!
I'd have to give in to this one. They are rather comfortable.
Yes! Privately being the most important part.
Yes! But not for your monthly anniversaries. Only when you cross the 25 year threshold.
I'd say more than once a year.
O.K. then! ;)
Alright, but I don't see how it would make my marriage rock?
Sure. Why not. If you are in the mood of baking!
Erm! Nothing sarcastic to say on this topic.
21. Surprise each other
Depends. But I would have to agree.
Can be cute! But not when you are sitting with other people. That's rude.
Huh? You mean you could actually forget you are married? Ever?
I wouldn't do that. But wait. Let me try. He doesn't know about this post ... He replied, "Why?"
26. Leave work on time and come home early
Wouldn't he have to leave work early to come home early?
What if you are a goofy-couple? Do you still 'have' to do that?
Sure. Only when you mean it.
30. Argue fair: avoid these words “you always” and “you never”
33. Forgive quickly
34. Be honest.
35. Get on the same page: plan your budget together
36. Look your best as often as you can
37. Guard your marriage
38. Laugh together
39. When you are together-BE TOGETHER (take a break from phones, technology, etc)
That would be the kind thing to do!
#1 - #15 were for ...?!?!?
42. Do each other's chores
44. Get a couple’s massage or host your own privately
44. Dance together to soft music
45. Exercise together - hikes, bike riding, etc
Whenever time permits do it together. But exercise, regardless.
46. Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior/disappointment from your spouse
We can 'choose' all we want, but it ain't gonna happen! :P
47. Thank your spouse often even for the least reason or gesture
That's right. Its also good manners.
48. Lay in bed together and stare into each other eyes, without talking
You are kidding right? I'd rather get to me long to-do-list which I never finish
49. Learn something new together-take an art class, cooking lessons, etc
Its fun to do activities together.
50. Leave a sweet comment on the Facebook wall
For the love of God, DON'T! Once in a while (read: max. twice a year), go for it. Anything more: Please Stop!
51. Support each other’s goals
52. Bring her flowers/gifts (even when she says they are too expensive)
In my case, my husband knows I am not a big fan of flowers. They die. And I prefer to buy my own gifts.
53. Wear something your spouse loves
Sure. If you feel good in it as well.
54. Share furniture - sit in his lap
Just make sure you weight less than him!
55. Fight for your marriage
... with whom?
56. Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week.
We prefer to eat breakfast and desserts together.
57. Never let your spouse feel like they come second place to your career or any other thing.
Hopefully both of you would be mature enough to realize that on different days, everyone has different priorities.
58. Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big together!
Shut the F'Up! Be yourself and talk whatever the heck you want to.
59. Maintain a united front as your motto: Meaning- “Me and you against the world."
... and what if the world is not against us? :P
60. Speak well of your spouse.