Fitness Friday: How to build a healthy sleep cycle?8:00 PM
To make mine and your life easier I have added a feature to the Fitness tab where you can leave me any fitness/health related question. If I happen to know the answer to your query I will pick it up for the Fitness Friday feature. Sound good? :)
- Close the television/computer latest by 9:30pm-10:00pm
- Get in bed and read a book, if you don't think you are sleepy yet
- Don't think about the next day, instead think of calm and pleasing thoughts
- Don't eat anything after 7:00pm
- Try waking up without an alarm (may be on weekends?) and see how you feel. That would tell you how much rest your body needed.
- I have heard, having a glass of warm milk, before bed helps too
" Sleep! Two hormones, leptin and ghrelin, regulate our appetite, and both are directly affected by how much sleep we get. These hormones work in a kind of "checks and balances" system to control feelings of hunger and fullness. Getting seven - eight hours of shut-eye each night helps the hormones work properly, which in turn will help curb your appetite."