How to accessorize with jewelry?8:00 PM
Accessorizing an outfit is not as intimidating as it might seem. All it takes is practice and a little planning. If you are not sure then start with one body part at a time - earrings or necklace and bangles or rings.
However, if you feel completely lost, then this might help you get started as today I am sharing some of the basics I try and follow while accessorizing an outfit:
1. What color is your outfit? If,
- Neutral - add dash of color
- Monochromatic - use metallics
- All Black or All White - could mix and match colors and patterns
- Colorful - go for neutrals
2. What style are you sporting today? If,
- Professional - depends on your work place but statement pieces work well.
- Girly - could mix colors, play with patterns, use scarfs, headbands, etc.
- Night out - bling & statement pieces
- Bohemian - an opportunity to wear everything exotic & eclectic
This would help you determine what you wear on your neck. If you are ...
- wearing a v-neck blouse or top then a pendant would look great with the look.
- wearing a round neck then a statement collar necklace or a long beaded string would look good too
- willing to experiment and/or have already mastered the art of basic accessorizing then you can have a go at stacking different lengths of pendant and necklaces to make a statement
This is a comment-free blog since 18th March 2012.