Outfit shoot at the St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. What a glorious evening it was!
Tank - Gift from TJ & RJ [Bershka 12']
Shorts - Rachel Roy via Macy's [11']
Flip Flops - Borrowed from Mom [Old Navy 12']
Pendant - ASOS [11']
Cap - Puma [07']
Today I will share my 5 Gym/Workout Commandments, which in my experience a lot of people ignore but are important in order to get an effective workout. The basic idea is to make the workout as efficient and comfortable as possible. Small twitches in habits and wardrobe options can make a huge difference. Starting with:
- Make Up - I don't get women who apply cakes and pancakes of makeup before their workout. Seriously, besides the fact that you look absolutely ridiculous it is also not doing any good to your skin, as it would clog your pores as you start working up the sweat. Apply your moisturizer and sunscreen and you are ready to go.
- Hair - Tie your hair back in a pony tail, plait or a bun, with hair away from your face (specially eyes). Having your hair all over your face is unattractive and probably the dumbest thing one can do while working out.
- Deodorant - I do not think I need to explain this any further, but just in case you are one of those people let me spell it out - You will stink! Use deodorant generously before and after your workout. People around you will Thank me and you!
- Clothes - Workout gear need to fit your body, not only to avoid accidents (getting stuck in machines, stumbling, etc) but also allow you to get an effective workout. Over sized tee shirts and track pants which look more like pajamas are a BIG NO!
- Undergarments - I am talking about sports bras for women and cotton underwear for men. You don't want your girls to be bouncing around too while you bounce, now do you? Cotton is the most absorbent material, hence ideal for all sweating condition.
I will definitely follow up with a post gym/workout gear in the coming weeks.