Mix & Match (XII) & Life without Sugar10:39 PM
If you are a regular here or on my Facebook Page, you know I had taken a sugar sabbatical for 6 months from 1st June to 30th November 2011. A lot of people have/had a lot of questions about my this action. So here I am giving the run-down on all the why's and how's, 'coz for most parts I am a nice person and value my readers' requests and questions ... for most parts! ;)
1. I was going to be in India for the complete month of June (2011) and by experience I knew that I would be od'ing on all the Indian sweets hence decided to take the pledge to avoid the damage. You know I work hard on my body so it hurts me literally (in my heart!) when it all goes down the drain.
2. Earlier this year, I some how became addicted to having some form of chocolate on daily basis. Like I had to have a KitKat or a cookie or a cake every.single.night else I wouldn't get sleep! I husband had to ration my chocolate intake and hide all-things-sweets before going to work! So I had to take some drastic steps to break that habit. I do not like being addicted to anything. I repeat, anything! I am a super woman and I can do anything!
Within the first week I had the clear idea of what all I could not eat any more and the answer was pretty simple - ANYTHING WHICH IS NOT NATURALLY SWEET!
- I am trying to stay on track.
- I do not get sugar cravings any more.
- I do not "need" chocolate any more.
- I get satisfied in small portions of everything.
- I hope to keep the 'added sugar' to the minimum in my meals
- And continue on my path of ultimate fitness!
|STORY OF MY LIFE!|