Mix & Match (VI) plus My Adventures with thrift-ing1:01 AM
P.S. A warm welcome to all my new readers! In case you are wondering why there are no new outfit posts, since the time you came on board, then its time to click here. I have been posting my daily outfits at the end of each day!
Blogging has changed my life completely. I have started trying taking more risks, become much more experimental and open to new things. One of the things I was wary of was - Thrifting! Up until I started blogging I couldn’t imagined wearing 'second-hand clothes' or even enter a thrift shop in my dreams! Not much has changed yet, but after being encouraged by a lot of blogging-friends, I did brave-through into a thirft-store last year! I had no idea what I was looking for or how should one thrift ‘successfully’. So if you are someone like me who is a thrift-virgin then this is what I have learnt so far:
1) Take your time and survey the store. Pick out stuff you think you might like. If you are lucky you might even find stuff with their original tags on.
2) If you are not ready to start with clothes immediately, accessories like jewelry and belt are a great way to break the ice.
3) Make sure you try-on everything.
4) Check for any wear and tear. If it is easily repairable then don’t just discard it!
5) Lastly, and most importantly wash everything before wearing.
|Reversible Belt (Back Side - Polka Dots) - $5.00|
|Bright Green Belt via J.Crew - $3.00|
|Bright & Skinny Orange Belt via J.Crew - $3.00|
|Belt via Coach - $10.00|
|Vest via Banana Republic - $10.00|