You guys might remember Soomya, my sister-in-law from here. After reading my post last week, she asked me this ↑ question. And I thought what-the-heck let's make a post out of it. All these tips do not apply to you Soomya but Thank You for giving me an AWESOME opportunity to blatantly *advice* a lot of 'other' people I know, who could use these tips, but only if they realized they 'attract' drama, in the first place!
1. Be Honest - False praises and promises both will land you in trouble *drrraammmaaa*
2. Do not give advice unless asked for - No one likes to hear how they should lead their life. There is nothing worse than an 'unasked for advice'. It could land you right in between a cat-fight *drrraammmaaa*
3. NO! You do not know what is best for everyone around you - All of us think we know best how the world (which includes our friends and family) should operate, and what is wrong and what is right. Reality Check - You don't! God gave everyone brains for a reason and there IS something called destiny.
4. Do not over-commit yourself - When you try to please everyone and be everywhere - all the time - you end up making a lot of people mad. Do not commit to more than what you can handle else *drrraammmaaa*
5. Prioritize - The solution to #4 would be to learn to prioritize. For example, Parent's anniversary comes before your girl friend's boy-troubles. Brother's birthday *should* come before a date with your boyfriend ... etc. etc. They seem like common sense but seldom are. When you don't prioritize, you create what?!?! That's right - *drrraammmaaa*
6. Choose - Diplomacy or Silence? As you grow up you realize that being frank and straightforward doesn't mean you blurt out everything that comes into your mind. You have two choices, either you learn to be diplomatic or if that route is too political for ya then learn to just shut-up! If you choose neither then you will always be part of - *drrraammmaaa*
7. Mind your own business - Besides #2 you also that to learn to not poke your nose in ANYONE'S business. If it doesn't concern you then do not try to solve the problem. Let go of that Super-Man/Wonder-Woman Complex. You are not sent on this earth for a higher pupose or to solve the world's problems. Just focus on your own issues and you shall avoid the *drrraammmaaa*
8. Learn to say NO! - Now, this requires special skills 'coz even when someone asks for advice (#2) or is requesting you to poke your nose in their business (#7) you my friend have to be smart enough to recognize when to say NO! and politely retract yourself from the *drrraammmaaa*
9. Be Kind & Courteous - So far it might seem that you have to be a real cold-hearted-biatch to avoid the theatrics in life. That's not really the case. More often than not just by being compassionate yet firm you can keep yourself at an arm's distance from the *drrraammmaaa* ... Case in point - Not everyone is your best friend. You are not about to die for anyone. The world will not come to an end if you are not at the beg-and-call of each one of your friend. Maintaining a courteous distance can go a longgggggg way
10. Most importantly, don't gossip! This is pretty straightforward and doesn't require an elaboration. This nicely brings together and concludes all the above points in two words - No Gossip ... which will leave to -> No *drrraammmaaa*
These pictures were taken at The Japanese Tea garden, over the weekend
Tee - Won via a Giveaway at BonBonGirls [11']
Shorts - Rachel Roy via Macy's [11']
Necklace - blakegodbold accessories [11']
Shoes - Via a Giftcard won at TxSCC [11']