|This is Kitchen Extravaganza II - Basil & Garlic Focaccia Bread|
|Right Out of the Oven|
I made this bread last week and feasted on it all weekend. It was "D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S." I know it is like blowing my own trumpet but hey! it was! Really! So anyone who wants to have some is most welcome! Come over [just
let me know in advance! :P]
2 Cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup butter
2 teaspoons minces garlic
1. Combine the flour, 1 tablespoon basil, the yeast, salt, pepper in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add 1/2 cup warm water and the oil. Stir until a soft dough forms, adding more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed.
2. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Form the dough into a 9-inch circle. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450˚F. Grease a pizza pan or a large rimmed baking sheet. Place the dough ont he prepared pan.
4. Combine the butter, the remaining basil and the garlic in a small bowl. Mix well. Make four score line in the dough and spread with the butter mixture. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.
And now back to the weather and fashion ... Since I am ready for Fall, but Texas isn't, I have no option but to have patience. In no time I will be complaining about the cold. In the meantime here's what I am looking around to wear from my existing wardrobe in Fall (whenever it decides to come around)
1. Red thigh high boots
2. Blue long trench coat
3. Printed & Metallic leggings
5. Snug sweaters
Here are some of my Fall Looks from 2009!
|This was in London. Fall is as good as Winters there :)|
|Simple Jeans and Jacket with a dash of Lemon Yellow|
|My All Time Favorite Look!|