Leave Me Clean6:07 PM
I love the days when I have enough time to 'kill time'. So I have been staring at the screen for almost an hour and procrastinating ... but now clearly I have gotten around it! Excuse me if this ends up being a lethargic post, 'coz that is clearly my state of mind right now - lethargic!
For today's post I decided to discuss my skin-issues. Skin (facial) is definitely one of my least attractive features but nonetheless I do try and take a lot of care of it. Since, both my parents had oily skin while growing up, I sorta got that in abundance in my gene-pool! [Why do mostly the bad genes win over the good ones?] I had been struggling with acne and breakout right from the time of puberty up until recently. The skin did clear out every once in a while but it was never consistent. After numerous dermatologists and treatments I had sort of given up and stuck to the good old CTM - Cleanse, Tone, Moisturize. However, sometime last year I think I got desperate and stubborn that I wanted clean-clear skin. Period! So this is what I did,
- Went to the dermatologist for the n'th [and hopefully last] time
- Followed his instructions and prescriptions to the 'T'
- Drank enough water to fill a dam! [You get the point!]
- CTM my face three times a day, but definitely before going to bed [No matter what!]
- Used sun screen regardless of the 'time of the day'
- Refrained from eating deep-fried food as much as possible
- Slept for seven hours minimum, daily
- Exercised regularly [which you all already know!]
- Stopped touching my face with my hands
- I don't use make up everyday [the only thing I didn't have to work on]