Fashion 1019:22 PM
Since my last Fashion blog, almost 2 weeks back, I have been thinking relentlessly about - "What makes an outfit work?" (My reader - Meetu D asked me to elaborate on this and hence the post!). However, I am a staunch believer of 'individualistic' fashion & style. I do not think that any one fashion mantra can probably work on everyone!
Nonetheless, after mulling over this for over 10 days I have managed to make a list of some basic style parameters that I apply for myself. Please! let me know if anyone else out-there puts as much thought into 'what-to-wear' as I do? Sometimes I feel guilty of using so much of my precious 'think-time' into my clothes ... but I owe it to myself. I have to look & feel fabulous - everyday! (Absolutely any excuse to dress up!)
- Dress according to the place - I always make sure I am appropriately dressed for the venue. I am not self-concious, however I do not feel comfortable wearing shorts dresses (or any clothing with shorter length) if I am in the company of elders or in a professional environment.
- Dress according to the weather - Besides the fact that I am afraid, I might look a little 'silly' wearing leather boots in summers or mini-dresses in winters ... it is also extremely uncomfortable! While many fashion advocators would support style over comfort but I am all for comfort first! (I believe humans started wearing clothes in the first place to be more comfortable in the changing weather conditions!)
- Work with colors - I have tried to include each and every color in my wardrobe. When putting an outfit together, I try to pick a color first and then work around it.
- Stream-of-thought No.1 -> Color, Clothing item (Dress/Skirt/Jeans etc.), Shoes, Jewelry
- Stream-of-thought No.2 -> Shoes, Clothing item, Jewelry.