Day 15 - Life is ... in the Journey12:37 PM
- We have no chips, chocolates, cookies, soda, or any unhealthy food items in our house. When are do get hungry in-between our meals, we choose - Fat free Cheese (cubes/strings), Fruits, Dark Chocolate (1 tbsp), Protein bar (shared), Milk and/or Yogurt.
- We both have invested in 2 new (and kewl!) water bottles which we keep next to us (always FULL) and keep sipping on water. We easily meet our quota of 2 liters per day.
- We try and have 5 small & filling meals in a day. We eat on a schedule so that our body is aware that it will be fed regularly and hence we avoid binge-eating.
- If we are tempted to eat something unhealthy, we talk each other out of it and try to find the most tasty and healthy option possible.
- We keep ourselves occupied with movies, activities, shopping, errands, etc. just so that our life doesn't rotate around food.
- We make an effort to eat protein-rich foods, as they help create a long-lasting feeling of fullness and satisfaction.
- Last but not the least, I [Using I instead of We here because food & cooking is my department :o)] emphasize on high-volume, low-calorie food, such as soups and salads, also all green vegetables and any food with high water content.