When thinking of traveling, health is probably not the first thing which comes to people's minds. But believe it or not it is one of the most important things you need no matter where you are. And falling sick while traveling is the worst. I have been there and it was no fun.
Here are few things you can do to make sure you stay hale and hearty during your travels:
- Know What To Eat: Our stomach is often the epicenter of good (or poor) immune health. The more foods we consume that are dense in macro- and micro-nutrients, the better. And as with any healthy lifestyle regimen, try to avoid foods that are fatty, fried or high in sugar.
- Always Hydrate: Consuming enough water in the day is essential for immune support. It helps flush your body of potential toxins and can even support food digestion.
- Enjoy Exercise & Sleep: Both exercise and sleep play important roles in a healthy travel lifestyle. Exercise will provide you with that extra energy to make it through your long day of exploration, while sleep will provide the adequate downtime a body needs to maintain the immune strength.
- Pace Yourself: Don't try and see it all in one dat. Beware of stress! Be active and roam the streets, but don’t overdo it. Take plenty of breaks in between.
- Watch the alcohol: One can sure go a little over board with the alcohol and sugary drinks while traveling. I would suggest you keep a (calorie) count on them and chose water instead. Also, do not forget that alcohol disrupts sleep. Moderation is the key here.
Hope you find these tips helpful. Let me know if I missed something!